Can you Spot the “Fake” Facebook Profile??
A big part of our business if growing our “circle”. Everyday we need to meet and connect with new ladies online. It has been said, if we are not growing our list, we are not growing our business. Our list is built overtime from the friendships we make; online or off 🙂 Remember that saying our Net-Worth is in our Network!
More so now than ever we need to “Be Safe Online”, You will find when growing your circle of friendships, making new connections online, you can be certain that “Fakers” will find you!
I remember years ago, discovering very quickly those “Fake Profiles” are a distraction, energy and emotional drain hole and time sink. Plain and simple they are men and women up to no good at all!! Just like we have email scammers, telephone scammers they are on Facebook too!
We are busy ladies with big hearts building our businesses online within this amazing profession and industry and we need to be attentive; We need to be careful and wary.. Look for these few points and feel free to add your own tips to the comments.
When you start “standing out and shining online” by sharing out your valuable appreciated content via video, connecting in Facebook groups, blog posts, articles, eventually you will start getting random friend requests from total strangers with no friend connections…
My Top Tips to “Spot The Faker”
1. Follow your Gut.. If it feels off, it is..
2. Is there a real picture of the person? No.. ?
3. Is there any info or details in their “about” area? No..?
4. Is there pictures of fluffy teddy bears, roses? Hmmm..
5. Flowers and Teddy Bears and Sparkly Hearts
6. Lots of Selfies (with or without puppies and dogs)
7. Not many friends (all seem one gender or the other)
8. New or recent profile creation
9. Unusual name combinations
10. It can be a woman or a man (I am finding men pretending to be ladies now).
11. CEO’s, Dr’s, Generals, Sergeants, Princes, Actors and Musician etc; Nooo..
12. Young ladies with to much cleavage
13. Hot Guy to good to be true
15. Check out their other friend’s .. are most of them pretty half naked ladies? … Noooo..
16. Do they start the conversation with “Your So Pretty, Hello Babe, Nice Picture, Hey, “Thumbs Up or with “Your just so nice, amazing pictures, I just want to be your friend” NOoooo!!
FAKE … Delete Conversation, Block ..
Listen to my live training video I shared with my team and clients;
- Anyone that makes me raise a eyebrow, that gets my 6th sense feeling “off” feeling, FAKE. Delete. Block.
- Anyone that asks you for money, or ever says “Hey did you know you can now send $$ via FB? Delete. Block.
- Never open up strangers attachments, or click on a photo sent via messenger. (hello bad viruses!!)
Just because you may have a mutual friend, he/she may have inadvertently accepted a fake profile user months and months ago unwittingly. If in question chat with your friend about the request to confirm.
Remember… it’s Your Page and you ultimately have control of who you choose to network and connect with ..
Before you accept a friend request, take a few min to do the leg work.. Be safe! Save your time and energy for those who really matter to you and your business!
Ask yourself a few questions such as;
- How will this relationship benefit me, how can I benefit them?
- What mutual interests connect us?
- Just by looking at the profile as it is, would I ever meet them for coffee?
When asking yourself those questions; how did it make you feel? Remember – Follow your Gut.. If it feels “OFF”, it is!!
I hope you found value, please feel free to like, comment and share my blog post forward. If you are struggling in your beloved business, if your looking for a better simple effective way to “grow your business and skill set” mastering the formula of Attraction Marketing lets chat.
If you are feeling stuck, frustrated or unhappy with your current situation/business, let’s chat; DON’T loose the Dream! If your company, team, up-line is not serving YOU, Find the someone and one that does!! Reach out and ask me questions anytime!!
See you on the Sunny Side of Life, Cheers, Roxanne
PS. Whatever business your in, without prospects & customers your dead in the water and frustrated. Years ago I stumbled onto this community that helped me consistently get 5, 10 some days; Yes even 15 targeted leads per day exposed into my business.. Happy to share, you too may want to consider using this marketing system: Click This Link, fill in your information, watch the video, join in and lets get you on the Sunny Side of Life!